- configuring the learning states
- changing what roles have access to specific learning states
- setting up the defaults for music learning
- enabling music learning on individual pieces of music.
Configuring the available learning states
In the main menu, o to: Settings & Admin > Site settings > Taxonomy
Then choose to list the terms for "Music Learning"
On this page, you can add new states (via "add term"), change the position of the existing terms (via the arrows on the left - just drag and drop), or edit existing terms (via the "edit" links on the right). When you're done, remember to click save.
Note: The order in which these terms appear affects the colours associated with them. The natural flow from one state to the next should move a user down the list. Items at the top will be red, and items at the bottom will be green (gradients of orange to yellow will be used for states in the middle).
Editing who can move a user to specifc learning states
First, follow the directions above to get to the Music Learning taxonomy page
(Settings & Admin > Site settings > Taxonomy, then select list terms for Music Learning) and then click edit for one of the terms.
On the edit page for the term, there is a field near the save button labelled " Edit roles". You can add roles here - so if you'd prefer members to be able to update their own progress, just click the text field and then select from the roles in the list.
This is also important if you're adding a new learning status - you'll need to add in roles so you can configure who can use that learning state.
When you're finished making changes, remember to click save.
Configuring the Defaults
- You can choose to not use music learning at all by unchecking the "sometime track music learning" box. This will remove screens specifically used for tracking music learning (music learnign report page / recording assessment page)
- You can enable section dividers for the music learning report - if enabled the report will appear divided by voice parts.
- You can enable music category dividers for the My Music Page - this is the page where members view their music. If not enabled, songs appear in the order of their learn by date only.
- You can choose the default setting for music assignment when you add a song - off, assignees can view music, or assignees are invited to learn music. In the older version you can choose to enable music learning by default.
- You can choose the default role that will be invited to learn/view music
- You can choose the checking state when your Music Learning Admins (Checkers) are notified about new recordings to be checked. You can also choose to not send any notifications by selecting "Do not send notifications".
Enabling Music Learning